FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, October 6, 2020
CONTACT: Will Mantell | [email protected] | 914.806.0081
Progressive Turnout Project To Call 1 Million Nevada Voters
Largest Phone Program of any Progressive Organization for 2020 Election Cycle
Nation’s Largest Grassroots-Funded Democratic Voter Turnout Organization Investing $52.5M in 20 States This Cycle
CHICAGO — Today, Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) announced its one-on-one voter contact program in Nevada, making 1 million phone calls to inconsistent voters in the four weeks until Election Day. PTP volunteers will help voters make a plan to vote, including questions voters have about completing and returning their mail ballot.
Nationwide, PTP is making 55 million calls and writing 500,000 handwritten letters to voters ahead of the 2020 election. This is the largest phone program of any progressive organization this cycle. PTP primarily targets inconsistent Democratic voters who didn’t turn out in 2016 and/or 2018, and is investing $52.5 million to boost turnout this election.
“Donald Trump and his Republican enablers are unfit to serve this country. We need qualified, capable leaders like Joe Biden, Rep. Susie Lee, and Rep. Steven Horsford in office to undo the damage and turn this country around,” said Alex Morgan, Executive Director of Progressive Turnout Project. “That’s why we are talking with Nevada voters, and helping them step-by-step as they make a plan to vote. These one-on-one conversations are the key to turning out the inconsistent voters Democrats need to win.”
More on Progressive Turnout Project’s 2020 Program:
- PTP is now targeting voters in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, KS, KY, ME, MI, MN, MT, NE, NH, NC, NV, PA, SC, TX, WI.
- PTP targets registered, inconsistent, likely Democratic voters and new voters
- About 1/3 of our voters are under 35, about 40 percent are voters of color, and about 1/3 stayed home in 2016.
- Since its inception in 2015, PTP has invested in voter turnout programs in 130 House and Senate races.
- Volunteers can participate in the one-on-one voter contact program, signing up to be part of the phone-banking effort. Approximately 37,000 volunteers have signed up to make phone calls.
# # #
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded political action committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive elections across the country. In 2020, the organization will invest $52.5 million to get out the vote in 20 presidential and Senate battleground states.