Turnout Grants NOW OPEN!
Our Turnout Grants Program is a new initiative to expand voter contact and partnerships in 2022. Through this program we will provide individual grants of up to $250,000, totaling at least $1 million, in early funding to grassroots organizations across the country.
Progressive Turnout Project will provide grants to organizations that are already doing voter contact work, and could use funding to expand their efforts in new and innovative ways. Together, this cohort and Progressive Turnout Project can create more innovative strategies to get more of the Rising American Electorate to vote in the upcoming election cycle. The Turnout Grants Program will complement our existing programming while supporting additional research and building capacity for direct voter contact.
The Turnout Grants application opens on Monday, January 3, 2022. Applicants interested in early funding should apply by the priority deadline on Monday, February 28.
Priority finalists will be announced in early April, with funding distributed soon after. Those that apply after the priority deadline will have their applications reviewed on a rolling basis. The final date to apply to the Turnout Grants program will be Sunday, May 1, at 11:59 pm CST. (Deadline extended from April 29.)
- The application has 35 questions.
- Applicants are asked to share content such as their organization’s mission statement and history, as well as a grant budget and timeline showing the potential impact of the grant on their voter contact numbers. Questions about the application can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations interested in applying need to meet the following criteria:
- History of local voter contact work with specific communities.
- Well-developed plans to use funds to expand organizational capacity.
- Have 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), 527, PAC, State PAC, or Super PAC status. This grant program is not for candidate or party committees.
Priority consideration will be given to organizations that are:
- Testing innovative new voter contact strategies.
- Executing voter contact programs in Progressive Turnout Project’s 2022 Key States: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin.
January 3, 2022
Turnout Grants application opens. The application will be linked from this page.
Application review begins.
May 1, 2022
Turnout Grants application closes at 11:59 pm CST.
The priority deadline is Monday, February 28. Applications received by the 28th will be reviewed in March, and semi-finalists will be contacted for an interview. Finalists will be announced in early April, with funding distributed soon after.
Those who apply after the priority deadline will have their applications reviewed on a rolling basis. The final date to apply to the Turnout Grants program will be Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm CST. (Deadline extended from April 29.)
Turnout Grants Office Hours
The Turnout Grants manager will be hosting weekly Office Hours to answer questions about the application and grant program.
These office hours will be hosted on Google Meet and can be accessed via this link. Drop in during the following dates:
- Monday, April 25:
12:00–1:00 pm CT
- Wednesday, April 27:
4:00–5:00 pm CT
- Friday, April 29:
2:00–3:00 pm CT