HOW WE WIN
Our mission is to rally Democrats to vote — but that’s about more than just winning each election.
All our work at Progressive Turnout Project is to build power for the long term. We’re here to share resources, implement strategy and offer our expertise for the advancement of Democrats (and democracy itself), cycle after cycle.
We focus on:
- Talent: Hiring, training, and fairly paying organizers who can run voter contact programs and help voters fight against suppression
- Data: Giving Democrats an edge in field with data, rigorously collected in the field and interpreted by experts
- Training: Not letting that knowledge evaporate after Election Day, sharing best practices with campaigns, and make the case for direct voter contact
- Innovation: Trying new tactics and messages to keep us on the frontier of field organizing, measuring what works, and making our programs as effective as possible per grassroots dollar
- Turnout Fellows, powering federal and — for the first time — state legislative campaigns
- Postcards to Swing States, which empowered volunteers to send 21 million postcards directly to voters in 2020, and millions more to key 2022 Senate states
- New! A Community Mobilizer program, paying part-time mobilizers to reach out to their own personal networks
- New! Grassroots Grants of up to $250,000 each to support grassroots groups across the country with early funding for innovative voter outreach work