HOW WE WIN
Our 2020 strategy
We focus on meaningful voter contact because it works: our field programs boosted turnout by an average of 10.4 percent in the historic 2018 midterms.
Here’s how we make the biggest impact in the field:
- We use the latest predictive analytics to identify high concentrations of infrequent Democratic voters who live in swing districts and states, weighting vote history, demographic information and other data to identify a voter’s likelihood to turnout and vote for Democrats.
- We strive to hire and train field representatives who are local to the area and know the issues most important to folks.
- Our program is built around multiple in-depth conversations with every voter. We ask voters to sign a commitment to vote card (CTV) and help them formulate a plan to vote.
- To reinforce our efforts, we mail back to voters their CTV and voting plans before Election Day.
- We also run targeted online ads and texts to supplement our in-person conversations.
Since our founding in 2015, Progressive Turnout Project has knocked over 2.1 million doors to elect Democrats. In 2018, we were on the ground in 18 battleground House districts, boosting turnout by 10.4 percent on average.